2018 Annual Report
of the Liechtenstein National Prevention Mechanism
pursuant to Art. 17 et seqq. of the Optional Protocol to the
Convention against Torture and other Cruel, Inhuman or
Degrading Treatment or Punishment
A) Dates and times of the individual visits and composition of the National
In accordance with Art. 17 et seqq. of the Optional Protocol to the
Convention against Torture and other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading
Treatment or Punishment (National Law Gazette 2007, no. 260), the
National Prevention Mechanism (hereinafter referred to as: NPM)
visited places of deprivation of liberty in the Principality of Liechtenstein
on various occasions in 2018. The individual visits were largely made
without prior announcement and at the following dates and times:
- 29 January 2018, from approximately 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- 16 April 2018, from approximately 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- 25 June 2018, from approximately 10:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- 17 September 2018, from approximately 09:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- 17 September 2018, from approximately 10:15 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
26 November 2018, from approximately 10:20 a.m. to 12:00 noon
Apart from the visit on 29 January 2018 during which Edmund Pilgram
was prevented from attending, each of these visits was carried out by
all of the following members of the NPM:
Mag. iur. Franziska Goop-Monauni, LL.M., Chairperson of the
Liechtenstein Corrections Commission and the Liechtenstein NPM